2 MONTHS TRAVELLING NEW ZEALAND
♡ 2 months on the road! ♡
Another month down, and we're still in Northland. May still be here at the 3 month mark too at this rate!
That's roughly 2,761km driven over 62 nights on the road, in 15 different places.
In the last month we've:
- experienced gorgeous sunny days, as well driving rain and wind, and everything in between (but still haven't needed to plug into power)
- mainly stayed in Department of Conservation sites so only had roughly 3 hot showers (but plenty of cold ones/ocean or river swims!)
- sandboarded down dunes, boogieboarded in the ocean, and kayaked on borrowed kayaks.
- been given Snapper, Crayfish, watermelon, avocados, Tuatua (like Pipis) & coffee by wonderful fellow campers.
- celebrated Waitangi day by visiting the Waitangi Treaty Grounds
- been evacuated from our campsite due to a tsunami alert
- got a speeding fine, and discovered our rego was expired simultaneously
- spent hours awake with a grumpy baby and endured what feels like millions of tantrums (kids are fun! The neighbours must love us )
- started distance ed schooling in the matter we plan to continue - Suuuuuper relaxed.
- made it to the very top of New Zealand
- and met loads of amazing people from all ages and backgrounds.
There are definitely worse ways to live
And all our combined New Zealand travels so far look like this