2 YEARS IN NEW ZEALAND
(And over 5 years since we packed up our house in Melbourne and hit the road )
In the last 2 years we have:
- Added a Kiwi baby to our family (after 9 long months of vomiting)
- Bought an old caravan and completely renovated it to make it perfect for full time travel.
- Got NZ citizenship for the Big Kid, who is now officially an Aussie and a Kiwi.
- Travelled a fair part of the North Island, with lots still to see (haven't even set foot on the South Island yet!)
- Experienced a strict lockdown that managed to wipe out Covid 19 in NZ meaning we've inadvertently found ourselves in one of the best countries in the world to see out a global pandemic.
- Made some wonderful new friends in this hugely welcoming country, but very much missing being able to visit everyone in Australia.
- And after a period of time working, saving, and having a baby, we've now hit the road again full time in our gorgeous retro caravan.
I suspect we've got a good few years of travel ahead of us here. Can't wait to see what the future brings in this beautiful country!